The Lyric encourages people from any background to apply for any of its current vacancies, which are listed below.
We are committed to creating a workforce which is representative of our society and to bringing together those with a variety of skills and experiences, to help shape what we do and how we work. We are particularly keen to hear from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled candidates. All disabled candidates who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria for any of our positions will be invited for an interview.
If you require an Application Pack in an alternative format or require any further information about any post advertised here, please contact Amir Sheikh using the contact details below.
The Cameron Mackintosh Resident Composer Scheme
We are delighted that Mercury Musical Developments (MMD) and Musical Theatre Network (MTN) have been awarded funding to support five placements as part of The Cameron Mackintosh Resident Composer Scheme over 2015-2018.
Through this scheme emerging professional musical theatre composers are paired with a venue, and given the opportunity to be involved in a range of work which could include underscoring plays, setting text to music or working on development of their own musical theatre material. Recent venues have included Curve, Leicester, Soho Theatre, London; Bristol Old Vic; the Watermill, Newbury; the Mercury Theatre, Colchester and West Yorkshire Playhouse.
We are thrilled that the next placement will take place at the Lyric Hammersmith. The placement will begin in March 2018. The fee is calculated to cover 6 months of your time, but this can be spread across a 9-12 month period. The exact timetable and the projects to be worked on will be agreed in consultation between the composer and the venue’s Artistic Planning team, but it’s expected the successful applicant would be based at the Lyric for a significant portion of at least six months.
Key opportunities will be likely to include:
- Creating incidental music for the Lyric’s main stage autumn 2018 production which is a co-production with HOME, Manchester (subject to creative team appointment/ agreement).
- Involvement in a Research and Development period working on a variety of main stage productions in early to mid-stages of development (May - July 2018).
- Working with the Lyric Young Company’s Director to develop new musical material for young people as part of the re-launched Lyric Young Company (18 – 25 year old performing company in training) (March – September 2018).
- Opportunities to collaborate with emerging artists and Young Lyric members on a variety of projects throughout the placement.
- Access to music practice rooms and the Lyric’s recording studio
The successful recipient will receive an all-inclusive fee of £11,000.
To be eligible to apply: you will need to be a musical theatre composer who has already had some work professionally produced (which can include paid work for a drama college or other training institute). We are looking for a clear on-going commitment to working in musical theatre. By musical theatre, we mean anything where music and song drive narrative.
For more information and how to apply please download the information pack below.