Script submissions are now closed.
This open call is an opportunity for us to connect with writers and find exciting ideas that could benefit from paid development and support in our Studio and Main House.
“Theatre should be a place to see yourself reflected, challenged and entertained, and we want to hear from lots of different voices and engage with lots of different stories, particularly from writers that might have previously been overlooked or missed…
We want to connect with, develop and support new stories and voices, so if you have a story to tell, be it brave, bold, heartfelt, heartbreaking, we want to hear from you.” – Nicholai La Barrie, Associate Director.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- Submissions are open to writers from all stages in their career and who are currently living in the UK
- The Lyric especially encourages writers who live and work in West London and from people who are currently underrepresented in the UK theatre industry including people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, who are d/Deaf or disabled, who are non-binary, LGBTQIA+, who have caring responsibilities.
- We can only accept one script per writer.
- Scripts must be full-length – at least one hour in duration (as a guide, this is 40+ pages).
- We are open to all forms of theatre including musicals, adaptations and translations. For adaptations and translations, please ensure you have the appropriate rights for the book, film etc.
- We cannot accept redrafts, resubmissions or scripts that have had a full production – we classify a full production as more than 7 performances.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You’ll receive an automatic reply to acknowledge we have received your script.
- Scripts will be read by the Lyric’s Artistic team.
- Please expect to hear back from us within 3 months after the submission deadline.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer detailed feedback, however, we will let you know if we intend to pursue your script further or not.
Submissions have now closed.