Save the Date: The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2019
Give the Gift of Theatre this Christmas!
This Christmas, the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre is taking part in The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2019 to raise money for our local community.
Midday Tue 03 – Midday Tue 10 Dec 2019
Why are we raising money?
In Hammersmith & Fulham the poverty rate is 30.5% and 43% of children are in income deprived families. A staggering number of people, and especially young people, face a pervasive inequality of opportunity. The arts are not accessible to those who might most benefit from them due to circumstances beyond their control. We want to change this and it is our duty to ensure that everyone can access the arts to know that this is something open to them.
What are we raising money for?
We want to give free tickets for Lyric productions to those who need them most including all school children in our borough and the most vulnerable people in West London. With the money we raise we want to achieve:
- Free tickets to every Year 6 and 7 state school pupil in our local borough so all children can see live theatre
- A community of friends and neighbours around our theatre. On the first night of each show we will give free tickets to our 590-seat theatre to those living or working locally, especially those who have never visited us before
- We want to reach the most vulnerable and at-risk people in our community who might not have had an experience at a theatre before. We will arrange a special outing that will bring Christmas cheer and joy.
Why do we need you?
All donations made during Giving Week (03 – 10 Dec) via the Big Give website will be doubled. Any donation you are able to give, whether it is £5 or £5,000, will help us to achieve our goal of £20,000 and will have double the impact this Christmas. Here’s how you can help:
- Visit our website from 02 Dec to access our Big Give campaign page
- Make a donation on any day between the 03 – 10 Dec, which will be doubled, through our Big Give page (don’t forget, the donation is only doubled if you go through the website)
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive updates on our campaign progress and all the work we’ll do with your donation over the next year
- Help us to spread the word, using the hashtag #LyricHammersmithBigGive
We thank you for your support.