Young Lyric Trainees – Paid Training Opportunity
The Lyric Hammersmith Theatre are looking for enthusiastic, young creatives aged 18-25 to join the Lyric Hammersmith as trainees. This is a year-long paid training programme where you will be offered a few hours of casual work per week.
The focus is on training to become a facilitator, working alongside professional directors and assisting a weekly youth theatre and creative workshops. There will be formal training sessions and opportunities to work as ambassadors on outreach and recruitment campaigns for the Lyric Hammersmith and support schools projects, events and young people’s shows.
What is a facilitator?
In this context a facilitator could also be called a workshop/drama leader or creative practitioner. The Lyric works with a large number of facilitators each year who run our youth theatre, music and creative projects. The job involves planning and leading sessions, supporting young people to express their ideas through creative activities and directing end of terms shows.
As a Young Lyric Trainee you will:
• Attend a 2-day training course covering facilitation techniques, safeguarding, behaviour management and drama/creative leadership
• Work once a week (during academic terms) to assist one of Lyric’s youth theatre or music coding sessions (ages from 7-17)
• Receive top-up specialist training throughout the year
• Be paid £10.55 per hour to assist weekly youth theatre/music coding sessions and £7.50 per hour to attend training
• Get free tickets for Lyric’s show press nights
• Gain access to other masterclasses and limited rehearsal space at Lyric
• Be able to apply for other facilitation roles at Lyric
• Have opportunities to work as an ambassador for Lyric at events
Application closes: 29 October (midday)
Interviews: 5, 6 & 7 November (slots available to sign up on application form)
Shadowing dates: Week commencing 25 November (1x 4 hours session in this week)
Training Dates: 5 & 6 Dec (midday-6pm)
Term 1 (once weekly session): week commencing 13 January 2020 to 29 March 2020
Term 2 (once weekly session): week commencing 20 April 2020 to 6 June 2020
Term 3 (once weekly session): week commencing 23 September 2020 to 6 December 2020
Final celebration dinner: 10 December 2020 (6pm onwards)
Who can apply?
• You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on 23 September 2019
• You must live in one of the 32 London Boroughs
• You must not have received formal training as a facilitator before
• We actively encourage young people to apply from all walks of life to apply regardless of previous education, status and experience level
How to apply
Fill out this application form. If you have any questions, concerns, would like support to make an application or would prefer to apply in another way (e.g. non-written or video) please contact Lara Taylor, Producer (Emerging Talent) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8741 6822.