We are looking for young LGBTQIA+ theatre makers to take part in a Creative Response Project, ‘To the Edge’, a movement piece exploring queer intimacy and relationships.
We are looking for 18-25 year olds, based in West London*, who are interested in theatre, devising, and/or movement, to creatively explore themes surrounding queer intimacy. Led by transdisciplinary, counter-cultural Outbox Theatre who create spaces where queer people can dream and imagine, you will be creating a movement piece in response to our 25th anniversary production of Closer. This project will be creatively led by you, using your experiences, bodies and imaginations to interrogate Closer through a queer lens.
In order to apply, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Aged 18-25.
- Have a passion for theatre, theatre making, devising, and/or movement. Please note that any and all levels of experience will be considered and formal theatre making experience is not a requirement.
- Identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, Genderqueer and/or Non-Binary Person.
- *Currently live in one of the 10 West London Boroughs- Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Richmond Upon Thames, Wandsworth and Westminster.
- Be available to attend Closer on Friday 12 August at 19:00 – 22:00 at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre. (Ticket provided)
- Be available to attend sessions Monday to Thursday, 15th to 24th August, 6pm to 9pm, and 25th August at 5pm to 8pm at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre.
Please note this is a Young Lyric participatory project. If you have any support and/or access requirements you’d like us to be aware of, please share these in your application. If you for any reason feel underqualified, intimidated, or anxious about your eligibility to take part in this project, please get in touch with us either by the email below or calling 020 8741 6822 extension 425.
To apply, please submit the below application form by Wednesday 10 August at 12pm. If you have any questions or would like to apply in an alternative format, such as a video or audio application, please get in touch either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8741 6822 (ext 425).