These guidelines demonstrate the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre’s (Lyric) commitment to reasonable care and fair treatment of vulnerable adult supporters during any fundraising campaign or activity.
WHY THESE GUIDELINES ARE IMPORTANT
- It is important to have a vulnerable adult policy to ensure that all Lyric fundraising is conducted in a fair and responsible way.
- It is inevitable that we will come into contact with people who are vulnerable and not able to make informed decisions about their giving. This can happen either through our own communications or through communications from other agencies who work on our behalf.
- These guidelines will also detail what the Lyric considers to be indications of vulnerable adults to help fundraising staff recognise ‘vulnerability’ and respond to it in a way that is best for the supporter.
WHO THIS GUIDE APPLIES TO
- Any individual fundraising for or on behalf of the Lyric
- If any issues are raised, please contact the Director of Development at the Lyric who will assist, resolve or manage any concerns.