We are looking for young performers to take part in Sophocles’ Antigone: The Burial at Thebes
We are looking for exciting performers between 18-25 to train on the job as part of the Lyric Ensemble.
We are looking for performers keen to train on the job as part of the Lyric Ensemble for our upcoming production of Sophocles’ Antigone: The Burial at Thebes – translated by Seamus Heaney and directed by Roy Alexander Weise. We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who live or work in the boroughs of West London.
As part of this opportunity you will:
- Be paid the National Minimum Wage per hour worked.
- Develop singing, movement and acting skills whilst working with an established creative team and a company of professional actors.
- Perform in over 30 performances.
- Receive pastoral care and support from our Creative Youth Worker, Producer [Emerging Talent], and Producer.
- Receive professional advice and assistance on approaching casting directors/agents and venues as a performer, as part of one-on-one mentoring sessions.
- Have a meeting with an Equity representative about how to join Equity.
Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
- Bootcamp performance training week: Monday 9 March 2020 – Saturday 14 March 2020
- Rehearsals: Monday 16 March 2020 – Friday 17 April 2020
- Performance dates: Saturday 18 April 2020 – Saturday 16 May 2020 [full performance schedule found here]
Want to audition?
- First Round: Friday 24 January [11:00pm-7:00pm]
- Recalls: Saturday 1 February [10am-5pm]
To apply, please fill out the form that can be found here. If you would like to submit a video application please send to email@example.com.
Alternatively, find out more here.
Deadline for all applications is Wednesday 22nd January, 5pm.
If you have any questions, contact Fiona via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
NB: this is a training opportunity and not a professional engagement. Therefore we cannot accept applications from those undertaking formal training and/or who are already represented by an agent.