We are now a Disability Confident Employer
The Lyric Hammersmith Theatre are now disability confident employers.
We are delighted that the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre is now a certified Disability Confident Employer. As of this September, we have achieved Level 2 status in recognition of our work to recruit, retain and develop disabled people here at the Lyric.
As a Disability Confident Employer the Lyric are:
- Actively attracting and appointing disabled people to fill our workforce.
- Making a commitment to recruit and retain disabled people in job adverts and posts, at all levels.
- Ensuring other opportunities, such as work experience and apprenticeships, can lead to employment and are being accessed by disabled people.
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process by making sure online and offline application processes are fully accessible.
- Offering training to all employees and ensuring staff are appropriately skilled – in 2019, we worked with our partners Action on Disability to provide awareness training across the organisation.
There are 7.6 million disabled people of working age in the UK, and over 13,000 organisations have now signed up to the scheme; we’re proud to play a leading role in removing barriers to access and changing attitudes to disability for the better.
Our Executive Director, Sian Alexander said about our Level 2 status:
“We’re delighted to have this recognition as it’s important to us to be an inclusive and supportive employer; we found it a very powerful catalyst and would encourage other employers to join the scheme. We see huge value in creating a workforce with different skills, perspectives, backgrounds and abilities. The Lyric are thrilled to take this work further and hope to become accredited as a Disability Confident Leader in the future.”
On completion of Level 2, organisations can then reach Level 3, the top tier, and become a Disability Confident Leader – we are excited to see what the future will bring.